My opinion regarding New Year’s resolutions is very torn. On one hand I love the idea of a clean slate, a fresh start, of opportunity. On the other hand, I’ve never made a resolution that I’ve kept. One year I even attempted to make what I believed to be no-fail resolution of taking a multivitamin daily. After the bottle that I bought made my stomach queasy I swore that I would try another brand immediately but never actually did. Even the easiest of my resolutions are forgotten and insignificant shortly within the new year.
– practice yoga regularly (my goal is 5 times a week and I don’t care if it’s once a day and three times in a day one day and two times the next, I just want to make it more of a habit)
– read (I just finished a book that I received for Christmas and it felt like such a wonderful achievement after shelving this hobby for years)
– continue to nurture the relationships that are so dear to me (no explanation there)
– Sarah and my trip to Chicago in July
– Jamie in my trip to Napa Valley in the fall